The Business of Medicine Newsletter – December 2017
Volume 5, Issue 12
- Sexual harassment. With stories of harassment all over the news, our HR expert offers guidance to manage a difficult issue in the medical practice workplace.
- 2018 MIPS survival guide. With the final changes to MIPS in the books, a detailed guide to meeting the minimum requirements for 2018, which will be much harder than 2017.
- Final GOP tax bill. The biggest tax reform bill in decades nears passage and its latest provisions include a repeal of the Affordable Care Act’s individual insurance mandate.
- Fighting modifier 25 cuts. More Blue Cross Blue Shield payers are adopting a harsh policy of reducing payment for all codes with modifier 25 appended by 50%. We share news on how some practices are fighting back.
- Bundled payments. CMS is cancelling two prominent bundled payment programs and scaling back existing ones. We look at the agency’s shifting philosophy on bundled payment models under the Trump administration.
- Hazardous drugs. Medical practices come with significant occupational hazards; our OSHA/CLIA expert gives practical steps to reduce exposure to dangerous drugs.